



This is the movie that should have been on the Grindhouse double feature with Planet Terror. It’s not high-art - just tawdry, trashy fun. Christina Ricci’s nymphomania goes up against recently abandoned husband Samuel Jackson's faith and the battle that results is a film that harkens back to the days of the drive in. There is no denying the nubile Ricci, who spends a great majority of the film scantily clad and in compromising positions, found inspiration for her performance from Carroll Baker (Baby Doll). It’s got a great bluesy soundtrack and the heat and steaminess of the south will just leap off the screen at you. Not at all PC but great fun still.
I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments:
Post a Comment